New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there has to be a way to get some good tubing and mount the injen filter or any open filter right by the front air damn (by front license plate) and run tubing up to the MAF. This would make so much more power having a ram air setup and would prevent heat soak. I think putting a filter skin over the filter would keep bugs and water out of it as well. Anyone done this or checked into it ? Any info would be nice I am going to do this shortly.

thanks

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I would say it would depend on how low it went would determine how much water could get in....IE I live in Fl, so where I live it floods alot, so I couldn't really do anything like that cause of water gettin in it.......Just givin ya somethihng to think bout......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip but i think I should be fine...I am going to look for some tubing tomorrow and see how I can run the tubing and hopefully do it this week. Anyone else have ideas ?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
is there really a lot of suction generated from the intake? i used to have a ghetto ram setup with dryer ducting and a weapon-r v2 filter. not very pretty but felt a difference... except for that cel i got from running way lean on the highway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you run yours and did you mount your filter by the front air damn ? It popped a cell though ? SHouldn't do that

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
no, i got an aluminum flex dryer duct like the weapon-r style and fed it under the radiator and ziptied it and ziptied the other end to the end of the filter b/c it is the v2 filter and has a lip on it so it fit perfectly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just picked up the clamps and the same thing - dryer duct stuff its like a shiney material so it wont look ****ty either. I am going to check it out and see how I can fit it through the engine bay. Did you take your tire off and wheel well at all ? Did the material melt or is it holding up well ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What size is your piping because I got 4 inch **** and there is no way you can run that down to your front air damn. There is just no room. I was thinking of getting 2inch piping but will that even help then ? Doesn't seem like enough air would go through that **** then. I dunno.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
mine was just the aluminum dryer duct you can get in like walmart or something.
i just ran it down under the intake and down to the left of the battery. i was too lazy to cut a hole where the blower for the stock airbox was so just ran it there to test.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did IT !!!! It works so good OMG it runs sweet. I am going to compile a parts package and be selling them for those who want cold ram air going into there engines for max performance. It wasn't that hard and well its well worth it.

I will post message with parts list and price ASAP - hopefully some photos as well

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by: GlobeShoes
I am going to compile a parts package and be selling them for those who want cold ram air going into there engines for max performance. It wasn't that hard and well its well worth it.
I'm sorry, but are you kidding? Your going to sell a bunch of Home Depot parts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah...I wish someone would have done that earlier. Sux looking for **** and not sure what works and then taking **** back and forth. Dick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by: GlobeShoes
Yeah...I wish someone would have done that earlier. Sux looking for **** and not sure what works and then taking **** back and forth. Dick
Actually, on episode 78 of the Red Green Show, this type of setup was invented.

If you want to explain what you used, fine, but how can you justify selling the parts, when someone can pick them up at Home Depot? Unless your markup is a lot less than Home Depot's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did I say I was going to make money off it asshole. No I didn't. So shutup i was just going to get parts all together and sell for same price except they pay shipping and that. not everyone knows what to get just by explaining it on computer. If I didn't know a lot about modding things I would want to just purchase the kit ready to go and im sure others would to.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
pics? You didn't happen to make a list of parts did you?

·
Registered
475 Posts
well, i kinda made my ghetto ram air thingy, i just bought aluminum dryer flex pipe from home depot and some decent size zip ties, and zipped it from the bottom of the intake to just a tad bit below my g/fx, hopefully its working, can't really tell yet b/c a little cold front came through and i haven't been doing all too much driving, but i did beat a prelude w/exhaust on the highway last night...i also changed out my cabin air filter while i was at it, and plan on cleaning my intake with the k&n stuff, and also changing my fuel filter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts