New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm attempting to wire my subwoofer but i cannot seem to find an opening that i can fit wires though in the firewall. I have located one near the driverside top, but i can't push a wire though, any suggestions? and where does this large set of wires come out in the cabin? and how do i get to it? thanks for the help.

Andrew
1999 Silver Frost MTX 2.5

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm okay i think thats what I'll have to do, you said near the clutch, is that the best spot? I don't want to accidentally drill into anything important. Thanks for the help

Andrew

·
Banned
317 Posts
ya... the reason i did it there is cus you can see where it comes out, and theres an area right next to it where you can drill through safely..

some with ATX's actually used the clutch hole.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Good point, I actually made a cut out where the clutch should be, if i get a chance I'll scan a photo.

·
Registered
475 Posts
theres a rubber stopper in the front right side of the engine bay, forward from the intake, its kind of hard to get it out and put it back in, but that is where all the other wires run from the engine to inside.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If ya really wanted to do a half-ass job... drill a hole through the plastic ring around steering rod... it's pretty easy to access... but looks like crap from under the floorboard.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just take a 6" flathead screwdriver with a fine tip. It takes a little work but wedge it between the firewall and the rubber groment. Pry the gromet out, be ready or it will fall onto the engine which is not easy to find from their. After you get it out this next step will depend on the gauge of wire you are running. I prefer to drill a hole. Use the next size smaller than your wire. This is important because you want it to be leakproof. Run your wire through the opening in the firewall from the cabin to the engine. Then run it through the rubber gromet and to where it will run to the battery. After that slide the gromet back to the firewall and into place. Run your thumb around the gromet to make sure it is secure.

later

Freak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts