New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to get sponsered by sharpee for my car, i have a couple other companies im mailing out to as well. can anyone fill me in on what are some basic steps i should complete in order to get sponsered. i was sure which forum to put this question in.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Usually the co. would like to know mostly what theyll get out of it. Like what are you going to do to get the word out about their crap, they want to know what shows youll attend, where youd go to talk to people, what shows youve won, plans on what you want to do to your car, what you already have done and what other sponsors you have and trying to get. Stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Sharpie! Good idea!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
That would be great with the Sharpie work you've done to your car :rolf;

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
One thing that comes to mind is that you are going to need a huge list or mods already completed. Like I guess to me it seems like alot of people with a majority of major mods arent even trying to get sponsored because of the complexity of getting someone to do it. Like my friend has one of the best focuz's in the US and hes only sponsored by a few small shops that he has his work done at. Nothing national at all.

For alot of people on here, spending over 20k is normal. They switch things up annually and completely revamp their cars each show season. I know Ive spent well over 12,000 bux and dont have any sponsors anywhere. Maybe thats just because some of us havent really tried to outsource and should, but I think the majority of cars that try to get it dont end up getting anything major.

This isnt to dis you or tell you not to do it, cuz by all means I hope you get hooked up, but just a word of warning against how hard it is to truly get sponsored.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i here that, im looking forward to the challenge, considering i've probably only invested 3k into the car, i think sharpee will consider it just because i don't think anybody thought of them in the car domain, im their doorway, lol. and after im done the tribal motegi rim, im gonna slam the car put the 18's back on and have the car model with the rim for some nice portfolio shots to hopefully get motegi to sponser.
i think im gonna go into the game as just trying to collect as many sponsers, the only this sad to say im gonna regret is wearing the stickers, but im gonna figure something slick with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts