New Cougar Forum banner

Getting rid of paint on paint marks

1K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  zybo2004 
G
#1 ·
Is there anything in particular that I can use to get rid of paint on paint marks? Some fool put a good foot and a half series of marks from the back wheel well to about half way to the plate on my coug today :mad:

#2 ·
I don't know if it will work for paint, but Mayonaise will work to get tar and other sticky stuff off, and It won't damage you're paint. That's right I said Mayonaise.....I've had to use it a couple of times and it seems to work great.....it couldn't hurt to try ya know.

my two cents....Jason

#4 ·
Gee, I think it's Hellmans....just not the Miracle Whip. I've never heard of PB doing anything for the car(except for when I was little, it kept me from whining on long road trips). But anyway I live in western NC where they've decided to do a lot of road work....and I do mean a lot...and I've had to use this many times. Also I told a friend of mine about this (drives a 2000 Sebring) and he said it worked to his surprise. It really is the only thing I could think of.....but like I said I don't know if it will work for paint...sorry to hear about the smudges, good luck.

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.