New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow you think you'll be faster than 13.8?
I dunno man you just did a SVT swap right? No 3L hybrid
I know you have lots of bolt-ons and stuff too
What engine management are you using? S-AFCII? E-manage? AEM EMS?
Good luck and get some pictures of your set-up for us to check out!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
your right i did do an svt swap.i also have msds headers,fidanza 9.5lbs flywheel,crank pulley,75mm mass air,egr blockoff all backed up with 10-11 pounds off a vortech supercharger all tuned with a diablo flip chip 24lbs injectors and a super afc.the importance of the flipchip is that on pump gas the cars timing is retarted so that there will be no detonation.now when the car runs at the track with high octane i can flip the switch on the chip and the car timing and fuel curve is back to stock.the timing doesn't concern me here because the high octane won't allow for detonation as far as the fuel curve goes i'll richen the car with the s-afc.as for any doubters,i've tried it already and it worked like a charm. i used 116 high octane and the car just kept pulling..

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool I didn't know Diablo was producing a flip chip I know Pro-M has a nice one too.
Damn dude sounds like you have a well rounded set-up but no Clutch or LSD yet?
How's the launch? You have obviously had it tuned and tested what did you pull on the dyno?
I ask alot of questions but do you have any pics of the set-up or atleast engine bay?
And are you going to Cougar Fest 2004 and if so will you run it in the 1/4?

Sounds like a great set-up keep up the good work man.

·
Registered
75 Posts
actually i do have centerforce dualfriction stage 3 clutch.i however do not have a lsd .i do all the tuning myself as far as fuel goes but timing is all done by the chip.the launch is great because i own a set of drag tires and i put them on a set of 15 inch rims.i haven't gone to the dyno yet because of the belt slipping situation that i mentioned earlier.i have pictures but i can't post them because my computer is a notebook computer and i don't own a scanner or a digital camera either.as far as cougarfest goes it becomes a little difficult with work.but i will be running the quater at new england dragway in new hamshire on may 1st

·
Registered
568 Posts
lets see those low 13's Ruben, I still have to stop by to see your car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i'm hoping to go a little bit better then that ,but we'll see.and yes you do still have to come to my house and check it out.11lbs of boost!!!! lets make plans .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts