New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will this setup be ok for a little while.. will the ride be soo horrible????i know they should be replaced together but there soo damn exensive them struts... ad how long will every thing be ok b4 u need to replace the struts???

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
depends on how low you keep the height. It'll be ok for awhile if kept up. BUt if you slam it, doen't expect those struts to last very long at all.

G

·
Ive been riding at almost 1 inch from full drop for almost 7k miles and my ride is still great. Jason (carsnrockmusic) rode in my car the other day and was shocked I had stock struts.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
When I purchased my Ground Control CoilOvers, I had a choice between those that are for Koni and those for stock struts.. now if you can't figure out that there is a difference from that ....... ;) ......... I have no idea what the difference might be, but I suspect it is a mechanical fitment issue and nothing to do with how the struts wear.. When in doubt, call Ground Control and ask.. :shrug:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Originally posted by: MrFroge
When I purchased my Ground Control CoilOvers, I had a choice between those that are for Koni and those for stock struts.. now if you can't figure out that there is a difference from that ....... ;) ......... I have no idea what the difference might be, but I suspect it is a mechanical fitment issue and nothing to do with how the struts wear.. When in doubt, call Ground Control and ask.. :shrug:
The difference is, according to GC, in the diameter of the strut housing between stock and Koni. The Koni struts are quite a bigger around (in diameter and, therefore, circumference) than stock struts, so GC had to deveop two different size sleeve/adjustable spring seats/spring kits. If you don't want to use the Konis, there are some aftermarket struts that have the same diameter as stock struts but that also have better compression & rebound characteristics.

But in the end, it comes down to what YOU like. I agree that the best bet is to go to a few Cougar meets, ride around in a few cars with different setups and pick based on how the ride feels. That's the only way to be sure.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
410 Posts
i have GC and have been meaning to change the struts, just havent had the dough, been driving with my car slammed for probably about 20k, feels like im driving a go cart, yes you definitly need to change the struts, unless you really like go karts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts