New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KYBs are alot more easy on the wallet than knois....i know konis are the best but how would KYBs be with say a 2" drop....is it worth it?....i really dont want to spend 600$ on knois...also 2" on all four corners may look silly with the rear wheel well like it is...what do you think of 2 in front and 1.5 in back with stock 16's (rims are next but need to wait)....any info would help...thanx

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
I heard KYB's were just stock replacements:shrug:

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is what james told me

"The KYBs are going to be a great improvement over stock since they
are Gas Struts"

but i wanted some more input from all of you

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
KYB's are a stock rate but gas charged instead of oil. I'd get Bilsteins. Theyre tighter valved so theyd match the GC's well (stock valving would be bouncy), And have a shortened piston for lowered cars which means longer life. IMO Konis are "the best" because theyre the only strut available to us that are adjustable. I really really like my Bilsteins, and i only have them in the front

edit: 2" up front 1.5" in the back would be hot :thumbsup:

S

·
0 Posts
I have the B+G springs with KYBs on it...They may say stock replacements..but they are better than that....I love the way mine rides now.....And for the price u cant beet the upgrade...I got mine at Tirerack and paid around 70 a piece for em. Still well worth the money...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: cue
this is what james told me

"The KYBs are going to be a great improvement over stock since they
are Gas Struts"

but i wanted some more input from all of you
Of course he would say that, he is a salesman.

ov3n has KYB struts with his GC, and it is hella bouncy.
GC NEEDS to be paired with a tightly valved strut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts