New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I hooked up my Faze A/F ratio gauge and followed the instructions to a T and for some reason there is no way to turn the lights on the gauge off? Could anyone tell me what could of went wrong or if the just stay on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
i would have to see the wiring for a faze guage cause i have autometers myself.....but it sounds like you tapped a hot wire instead of an ignition wire

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I looked in the manual to see what fuse to hook it up to and I hooked it up to the radio fuse. However the only part I was concerned about is when it said to hook it up to the dash light dimmer and my 2000 cougar has 2 wires to it and I had to just guess which wire to hook it up to.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The problem is you wired the light to a hot wire. Basically, you can have 1 of two problems. Either you wired the indiglo to the wrong illumination light(should be orange w/blue tracer, and red w/blue tracer under the headlight switch), or you wired the power wire for the gauge to a 12V instead of a 12V switched. The 12V switched only comes on when the car is on. It actually sounds like you wired the illumination wrong. Wire it to the Red w/blue tracer.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the help I'll give it a try today and see how it goes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts