New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can change the color of the gauge illumination? Mines Green and I'd like it Blue.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You mean the speedo/tach guage face? You have one option....go to www.blackcatcustom.com and order a set of custom guages. They can make them any light color, any back color, any text, and even add images. Go get a set now. :)

G

·
If you are planning on changing the illumination on the door locks and windows, good luck in finding Blue LEDs that are 1) the correct size, and 2) bright enough to actually look good.

I am in that search now!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I'm just looking to change the "lights" behind the gauge face. I've got a C2, i don't need new faces.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
That's not going to happen unfortunatly. The green color is part of the guage faces, it is basically a green layer that is part of the guage face itself. The lights are clear, and shine through the green film. You can not peel it off and change the color unfortunatly.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
No it won't, I already tried something like that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
i posted a thread about trying this awhile back. fett is right the only way you can change the lights to blue is to get new gauges. and for the leds on the door switchs you can find those online. unfortunely you cant just walk into radioshack and find them, i allready tried

1 - 9 of 9 Posts