New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hey, im about 75% done "redecorating" my interior :)

problem is, when i was calabrating the gauges, i was able to get the -engine temp, -tach needle & mph needle to do their thing...

but the GAS needles does not work... ive tried everything that i can think of, if i set it one way, it just wont go past the 1/4 mark, it would go to 1/4 then seems to get 'stuck' however, if i just barely tap it with my finger, it appears not to be stuck at all. i fiddled around, and then it was either going WAY too far over the line, or WAY under the empty line when the car was turned off...

im using the digital gas number on the lcd, but its annoying to not have the needle working,

please, can someone help soon!

·
Registered
507 Posts
If I remenbered right, when LCD read 50 miles to emputy, that was exsactry same as 1/4 tank

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh, well theres deffinatly a miscommunication between me and the needle then... cause the tank is full...

the lcd is saying 540km to empty... and somewhere around 600km is a full tank

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
the lcd is very misleading when it comes to miles/km till empty. with the cover off and a full tank, turn the key so it supplies power to the gauges and remove the needle and place it back on to the full line b/c your tank should be fully anyways. and that should be it. you may also have the needle stuck somehow so just life the needle slightly so it doesn't rub on the gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts