New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME,
THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER
4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR
BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE
DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO
HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB
NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE

SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE
FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS
SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES
ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE
WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU
KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS
OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Yeah...this will never happen. I'm supporting it though...because well, I have nothing to put gas in at the moment anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
theses are the dumbest things ever...the funniest part about it is that even IF everyone in all of north america did it....they'd likley fill up the day before lol

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Did everyone notice how the gas prices spiked almost 30 cents last night? Gee....I wonder if thats cause the gas companies were aware of this one day ban. So everyone is filling up today at $1.15 so they can make a statement to the companies tomorrow....Watch It'll go back down to 95 cents tomorrow....They ain't stupid.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The gas prices went up because of the damage to oil platforms, pipelines and refinerys in the Gulf.
Theres bigger things going on in the world than the silly little boycott......

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
prices going up at pumps that havent been refilledsince the hurricane is nothing but bull sh!t though...selling the gas they bought last week for 75 cents at a ridiculous 1.25 now...nothing but common criminals...and i am sure i am not the nly one completely fed up with this crap..think i am going to trade in for a hybrid...

aww wait a second i might as well keep the coug since i will get jack for it on trade in..

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Heh, that wasn't easy to predict...

I think by Monday we're gonna see $1.50. But did you guys hear? In Atlanta they've reached $6/Gallon! 1L = like 3.8Gal + that's USD....craaaaazy.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
this morning at 9am gas was tuesday gas was at .92$, yesterday morning at 9am gas was 1.18$ and then by 11 am it had jumped to 1.38$
no matter what we do the government/gas companies have us either way, i don't know about any of you but i cant just stop driving cause i need to get to and from work. which sucks cause they know we all depend on it too.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
you know... I wonder what the general populations "breaking point" is. At what point will it get to before people finally 'snap' and *something* happens?

There has to be a limit where people say 'okay, thats TOO much' and move on to the 'next thing' - right now, everyone is at the 'shocked and complaining' phase... Yes, we will all biitch and complain about the price, but the hillarious fact is, we will all STILL pay it because, basically, our civilization is dependent on it.

Nothing will get done about it until people get REALLY pissed off.
Up here at least, its just barely starting to happen - more and more suv's and trucks are showing up in used car-lots, but gas has become so integrated into how everyone lives, that people will continue to buy it, whatever the price, just because they "need" it.

I find the idea overwhelming myself, and I sure as hell wouldn't know where to start - but I'm really thinking that a difference fuel source needs to be invented... and USED.
Sad thing, is that humans are greedy, and even if there WAS a better alternative, companies are so concerned with the almighty dollar, that they'd never go along with it.

Personally, I dont think people will "break" until it hits $5.00/L, and $10.00/Gal, but honestly... when is it going to be enough for people to look at other solutions?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
In some places in the states it's up over $7/Gallon already. Suddenly $1.29 doesn't seem so bad...which is horrible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.