New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no this is NOT about putting in the aluminum one....

im working on that as i type this :biggrin:

is it possible to replace the stock fuel door? as in, put it BACK in?

i know it should be...any ideas?

lAdZ

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I know when you pull it out, you permantely damage the spring mechanism, so you're not going to have any tension should you be able to get it back in. There is a way, however, as I've seen a couple posts on this board about people trying to do the same thing. They take the door and basically 'fish' around for the hinge on the inside, remembering that once it clips back in, you're going to need some heavy duty velcro or tape or something to keep the door shut, as it will now just bang against the side of the car :(

Good luck on that....

G

·
I had no problem wiht mine.. Just trying to get the spring to stay still why I put it into the hole on the lid and slid the lid in atthe same time.. I hjave trension

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
at the time i posted i was in the middle of my aluminum door install....i also had to work last night, so i asked just incase there was a time crunch and i didnt have the other door in.

no need now, aluminum door is in, and looks great!!!!

lAdZ

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
itll be a few days on the pics...gotta borrow my dad's digicam -- which means he needs to be in town....hopefully i will have time to paint my dash sunday, so that by next week you can have pics of the fuel door and my "interesting" dash....

lAdZ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts