New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I don't know the truth behind this statement I've heard from a few of my friend who've been pulled over by state troopers...but a new law or statute or ordinance or SOMETHING was passed stating that NC State Troopers do not have to call and get permission to chase street racers...or someone to be known street racing...juss a forewarning I guess...I was pulled over as well, so I'm assuming its true...

·
Registered
713 Posts
I didn't either Keli, I was under the impression that any police officer could pursue anyone at a high rate of speed. This was at their own discretion on whether the traffic around warranted enough room for them to pursue. I'm pretty sure that they don't have to call and ask permission, if they did, then they'd never catch anyone..they'd be waiting there for an answer as the racer got away. They can chase whomever they want if the reason is there...I'm pretty sure.

Also, just an FYI for all you street racers out there...if you see the Po-Po's comin...GO IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS..for God's sake please, one go left one right..or something....just DO NOT FOLLOW THE PERSON YOU'RE RACING....from my understanding (by way of a friend that has been through the "cop training" at a local college) they CANNOT give you a ticket for Street Racing unless you are BOTH caught....if just one of you is caught, then the worst they can give is speeding of some kind..maybe illegal modifications (they'll give you as much as they can most times, just cause they'd be pissed they didn't get both of ya).....

Z (jason)

PS~DISCLAIMERThe statements above are in no way condoning Illegal street racing. I, Jason C.ocklin, and www.fastcougar.com do not condone street racing in any way. Street racing is against the law, and lawbreakers can be prosecuted. Thank you.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: Keliente
I didn't know they had to get permission in the first place :confused:
They didn't...It's a new law that was just passed in NC and is only for State troopers. regular police officers still have to call in to get permission...

Originally posted by: zybo2004
PS~DISCLAIMERThe statements above are in no way condoning Illegal street racing. I, Jason C.ocklin, and www.fastcougar.com do not condone street racing in any way. Street racing is against the law, and lawbreakers can be prosecuted. Thank you.

:rofl: u kill me!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts