New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO ALL. im brand new to these forums. i love the website and i love cougars. i was just wondering if ford will ever bring back the cougar or the probe. i want to know what you guys think about that ever happening.:biggrin:

·
Administrator
15,568 Posts
Welcome to NECO.

They will always own the name, so I'm sure eventually they'll name another model of car a Cougar, assuming they stay in business. However, I'm sure it will be as unrelated to our New Edge Cougars as ours are to the classics. In other words, it will share the name only.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Welcome to Neco... If I had to predict I would say that it will be back in a few years, assuming the remainder of the new wave muscle cars (Challenger, Camero, etc) I'd say that it will either be a clone of the next incarnation of the Mustang, or a model to compete with the Charger.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Welcome to Neco... If I had to predict I would say that it will be back in a few years, assuming the remainder of the new wave muscle cars (Challenger, Camero, etc) I'd say that it will either be a clone of the next incarnation of the Mustang, or a model to compete with the Charger.
few years not likely. someone on these forums (idk if they care if i say who or not so i wont say) works for ford or with ford, and all of the upcoming models, and a cougar is not in any of the line-ups up til as far as they know, which is 2011. so dont plan on it anytime before that :(

·
Administrator
15,568 Posts
The probably wanted it to be similar name to the Ka, I would assume.

Look at some of the US models....500, Fusion, Focus, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, Edge, Milan, Mountaineer, Mariner, Marquis.....doesn't always follow that, but you can see they try to.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
The big Three think were too stupid to know what car name belongs to what brand. So they started moving all thier names to the same 1st letter as the brand, unless its an existing and well known car.

Ford Fivehundred
Ford Fusion
Ford Focus

Chevy Cobalt
Chevy Colorado

where as old standards with good reps like the Mustang will stay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The big Three think were too stupid to know what car name belongs to what brand. So they started moving all thier names to the same 1st letter as the brand, unless its an existing and well known car.

Ford Fivehundred
Ford Fusion
Ford Focus

Chevy Cobalt
Chevy Colorado

where as old standards with good reps like the Mustang will stay.
Dodge Durango
Dodge Dakota

Although...both of those are being killed off...but still.

contrapaul said:
Where did you read that?
I hear someone from Ford say it on a video online around the Frankfurt show...can't seem to find the video now, though...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
How about they take their new naming gimick and bring the North American market something like...

Ford Falcon....
or
Ford Fairlane....

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
ahh thats crazy but they do have their new SUX its the ford Taurus X, exatly the same as the Freestile but with a 3.5L Duratec and they are getting rid of the Five hundred name and calling it a Taurus again.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts