New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was pumping gas and these 2 kids (13-14 years old) was walking by my car and i over heard them talking. Both of them was saying how sweet my car looked and were trying to see what kind it was. they all walked around it just talking to each other not to me. the only badge on my car is the back mercury symbal. anyway the one kid was like i dont know and the other one said i know what that is its a OPEL. a OPEL my coug doesnt look like a OPEL. i laughed but i didnt get a chance to talked to them to correct them. oh well so everytime they see a coug their going to think its a opel lol. i didnt even think opels were street legal in the us. just thought id share that with everyone. has anyone else had there car mistakened for a nother car?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I work with kids in an afterschool program and they thought my car was an eclipse. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
One of my coworkers thought mine was an Eclipse.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
an 8yr old thought mine was a Jaguar... :flushed: i just nicely told him that he was close! but it was a diffrent breed of cat :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
an 8yr old thought mine was a Jaguar... :flushed: i just nicely told him that he was close! but it was a diffrent breed of cat :)
love it

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mines been called an eclipse the most. But I hate it when people say its slow just cause its a cougar especially w/o looking under the hood first!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
That reminds me, one guy at a Burger King Drive thru thought my car was a Jaguar, that was awesome.

A

·
0 Posts
if you think about it, our cars do resemble the previous gen eclipse wherein the body is similarly round and the hatch have a similar shape. but our unique tailights, edges, creases and headlights make the cougar what it is

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I park my 99 next to my mom's 03 eclipse at work(family biz) and whenever I say something about my cougar, fools say "where at?, all I see is a couple of eclipses".

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
When I first bought my car (July/Aug 1998) a guy asked me if it was some sort of new lexus. I turned and said, I'm 18 not 40. He laughed and asked what it was. I've heard jag a few times aswell, but that was a classic comment. There were VERY few cougars driving around in 1998 with our stlye, it was great getting all the heads to turn when I was 100% stock.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My friend Carlos always screws up and calls it a Jag. I always correct him but it doesn't help. So now the rumor at the club is I drive a Jag. Apparently I make more money then I thought I did.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have gotten, Porsche, eclipse, tiburon, jaguar, and even a 3000gt! Crazy people

·
Registered
378 Posts
got Porsche too....from a state trooper who pulled me over and was staring at the rear of my car....still thought it wasn't a cougar though

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
When i was running my car at the local track, a friend of mine in the stands told me that some 14-15 year old kids were like, look at that import. My friend(who drives a 96 Supra corrected them and said " Mercury Cougar, its [censored]en American man!", They shut up and walked off.

X

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
When i was running my car at the local track, a friend of mine in the stands told me that some 14-15 year old kids were like, look at that import. My friend(who drives a 96 Supra corrected them and said " Mercury Cougar, its [censored]en American man!", They shut up and walked off.
:rofl:

I havnt really had my car mistaken for anything, but people sure do seem to stare at my car soemtimes. :shrug:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've had Porsche too, but I think the poor old lady was blind in one eye, and needed new glasses

1 - 20 of 27 Posts