New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun Ford Weekend

Just like we do every year, contour.org is extending an invitation to our Cougar brethren to meet up with us at the gas station off Rt 101 exit 7 (one exit away from the dragway exit), down the road from the dragway, as we do every year at around 7:45.
We do this so that we can roll in and park next to each other in the show area. Also to avoid the heavy line up in the dirty lot at the dragway. Going in fashionably late (about 5-10 minutes after gates open) allows for us to avoid the dirt and enter the main, paved gates instead.

This invite is extended to anyone each year, so this year won't be any different.

I tried to extend the invite to NNE, but my post was deleted.
So hopefully any NNE people read mass/conn as well to see the invitation.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
RE:Fun Ford Weekend

Kim do you happen to have any info as to the dates, times, and cost of this event? I know in previous year we have not gone do to cost but could be a possibility this year. Also I'll sticky this thread for ya!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE:Fun Ford Weekend

d'oh silly me

Aug 20-21st (Saturday and Sunday)

link to event schedule
from that link:

Entry Fees (Car Show)
1 Day....$35
2 Days....$45
*Vehicle & Driver

Entry Fees (Spectator & Crew)
Friday....$10
Saturday....$25
Sunday....$25
Sat & Sun....$35
Crew...$35
12 & Under....FREE

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Sorry but 2 outta 3 isn't bad....can't make it this year. We've had plans lined up for that weekend for sometime now. We'll be thinking of you guys! Bring one home for us Merc's!

Ann:)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Originally posted by: frenchblueC2
Just like we do every year, contour.org is extending an invitation to our Cougar brethren to meet up with us at the gas station off Rt 101 exit 7 (one exit away from the dragway exit), down the road from the dragway, as we do every year at around 7:45.
We do this so that we can roll in and park next to each other in the show area. Also to avoid the heavy line up in the dirty lot at the dragway. Going in fashionably late (about 5-10 minutes after gates open) allows for us to avoid the dirt and enter the main, paved gates instead.

This invite is extended to anyone each year, so this year won't be any different.

I tried to extend the invite to NNE, but my post was deleted.
So hopefully any NNE people read mass/conn as well to see the invitation.
Hmmm Was not I who deleted....

Anyhoo, If funding Allows, would you all mind a bone stock (cept for rims) Mustang in your midst ? :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
@%$#^%#@@%^ I wont be going... Just found out my friends bachelor party is that weekend.. the WHOLE weekend... The best man will PAY for this, oh yes! HE WILL PAY ! And there isnt even a nudie bar involved !!!!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Was there alot of Foci there last year? I'm debating on makin the trek with the SVT this time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Might just be worth the drive. Haven't really showed the SVT in any really big shows yet. Have a couple of things to do to it but will have to play it by ear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where was everybody at? I am a pretty new Cougar owner living in Mass. I've had my car for 4 months now and I just joined this forum a few days ago. I went to New England Dragway, Ford Fun Weekend. Unfortunately I went straight after work, got there at 3:10 and found out that it was to late for me to sign up for bracket racing. Which really made me pissed when I saw some stock 5.0's running high 15's and Focus ZX3's running 17's. I know I could of pulled a high 15. I have a short shifter, 2 1/4 inch cat back exhaust and cold air intake. My car dynoed before the mods when it was stock 151 whp at 5,800 rpm and 153 lb/ft torque at 4,300 rpm. I was really pissed off when I went back a month later to XX Tuning in East Hartford Ct to dyno it again this time with cold air intake and 2 1/4 inch cat back exhaust. This time it dynoed at (wow) 151 whp at 6,000 rpm and 155 lb/ft torque at 4,200 rpm. Now I was pretty pissed until we analyzed the before and after dyno sheets. Between 2,500 rpm and 3,000 rpm I gained throughtout that rev range 8 to 10 hp and 17 to 21 lb/ft torque. At 3,100 rpm to 3,400 rpm I lossed 1 to 2 hp and torque. Everywhere else I gained or leveled out. Not a big difference on the charts between the two at high rpm, weird cause I can feel it on the highway. I was up set because I knew there was a power gain I could feel on the street and on the highway, but that goes to show you it's not about peak horsepower its about having a more usable powerplant. I will be posting these 2 dyno sheets up soon so you guys can see what I am talking about. My friend has a digital camera unfortunetly I don't. Anyways not one cougar at the show, would've made my day because I know there are some sick ones out there. Would of loved giving one of those focuses a 1 and 1/2 second start in bracket racing and hustle down the track to win, oh well. That was not my first time going to a car show but it was my first time going to a Drag Strip. After seeing what I saw today I will be going again soon. We should set something up to go in this area, I am always down to travel. Sorry I didn't get to represent today for us cougar owners but the mods and cosmetics are steadily coming.:rofl:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mark you should of went with your SVT, the fastest focus street car there ran only a 16.10 the rest were in the 17's. There was one green one there that was pretty much a show car. Looked like 18 inch rims lowered, bodykit I think by Cervini's with the hood and wing to match. It ran a 17.5 at 72 mph. Like I said I got there late so I don't know if there were any faster ones earlier on in the day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.