New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cause my cars going into the body shop for a defect in the factory hood and my guy at the shop told me he'd just charge me for prep on a new hood and so i'm going to order the kaminari but I'd LOVE to have the carbon fiber but I don't want a zinc yellow car with a black C/F hood so I was wondering if I could paint it to match my car. I don't care to let everyone know I have one like the "look at me I have carbon fiber so my cars fast" ricer boys

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you're gonna paint it, you might as well get the fiberglass hood and save yourself the $200 difference in price. The fiberglass with carbon insert would look sweet on a yellow coug.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Look at the last post YELLOW and green are special orders and lead time is 10-15 days

Later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get the carbon-kevlar. Light AND bulletproof.

And to answer your question, yes it can be painted.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
i stand corrected. it is not carbon fiber though as the yellow variations are carbon kevlar. surprised to see them offer them though as i have not seen anyone else get into doing colored carbon.. pretty cool on kaminari's point. gotta give them credit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've went ahead and ordered the plain fiberglass and I'm goin to have pearl mixed in with the yellow and paint the stripe where the C/F insert is supposed to be, kind of like ghost flames but just a stripe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.