New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im doing a straight 3L swap into the car and i have been following all directions and the help i have been getting from other great members. But i hit a bump. i have the motor in the car and i am reassembling but the escape fuel rail i picked up for the taurus motor doesn't work with my stock system. My 2.5l had a plastic connection peice and where the vacuum line attach's there is a sensor (im assuming a fuel pressure) but on both the taurus and escape fuel rails neither of them have the fuel pressure connection just the vacuum line.
any ideas as to where i went wrong? its a fuel rail off of a 2001 escape, and the motor is a 2001 taurus, my fuel line i returnless.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry was in the process of uploading them as you posted

The one of the left is the stock unit and the one of the right is the escape fuel rail

close up of plug end

·
Administrator
24,460 Posts
Right, that plastic part is the Fuel Injector Pressure Sensor, used on all returnless Cougars. The Escape rail has what looks like a typical FPR built onto the rail...

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, i found a place locally to braze the fuel rails. Turns out i have to "hybridize" the rails to work. Thanks for all the help, especially all the people i pm'd about it.

·
3L Roush 'S'
21,035 Posts
Make sure you know the exact position you want them to braze it so it doesn't interfere with anything else like the TB. Did you mock everything up to work out the vacuum line and EGR issues? Make sure you know where everything is before you go fabricating something that doesn't fit.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have been working on that, i think i may be resolved the egr issue. i am going to follow in gamillers foot steps but actually fabricate it from the 2.5l and the 3L one if possible.

i have installed the intake, and will fabricate the tb bracket to hold the throttle line, one of the vacuum hoses is installed i am working on trying to connect the brake booster line.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
After having seen your pictures, if i were you, i would just use the stock rail... unless you read somewhere that you can't do that.

If you get the two rails brazed, make sure you ask them to pressure test it. They will need your injectors to do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts