New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got a dual borla exhaust put on my 02 cougar and for some reason it seems to eat ALOT more gas, at first i thought there was something hooked up wrong then i thought maybe it just has to be broken in...can you guys let me know what is or could be the problem?
Thanks
i posted this in 2.5 performance but i just wanted to know if anyone in keystone knows a place around philly where i can get this checked?
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
May just be the lead foot that was installed with the borla... typically we drive with
heavy foot to listen to the exhaust...

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Mine went down when i got my borla as well. But as eric said, it was probably because i listen to the exhuast all of the time. Not sure what you mean by "a lot" but mine went down 1 mpg or 2 at least.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i will fill her up and put the clock thing on the fuel economy left and check is and mark the mileage and see if they add up but it seems like it went down A LOT i drove from northeast philly to levvittown and back and maybe 3 or 4 plus miles and i had a full tank now im down to like 1/4 it doesnt add up to me i dont know im confussed

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Originally posted by: 02cougakid
well i will fill her up and put the clock thing on the fuel economy left and check is and mark the mileage and see if they add up but it seems like it went down A LOT i drove from northeast philly to levvittown and back and maybe 3 or 4 plus miles and i had a full tank now im down to like 1/4 it doesnt add up to me i dont know im confussed
just a question were to going to go-go customs when you went to levittown

just wondering if it worth the 30 min drive up there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts