New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Prices lowered on 7/5/2020

EXTERIOR
-MOOG control arms [left and right] $80/both or $50/each o.b.o. (NEW)
FE722C36-F418-4C9D-95C8-A45455CF6E62_1_201_a.jpeg

Part # RK80389 & RK80390

ENGINE
-Fel-Pro Intake Manifold Gaskets $20 o.b.o. (NEW)

Part # MS95726

Package has some water damage, but the gaskets appear to be pristine.

-Bosch platinum spark plugs $5/all o.b.o. (NEW)

Part # 4205 & 6701
Nine count, I have no idea how I got this many.
Some of the boxes are slightly damaged, but the plugs are fine.

I had a silver 2000 Cougar 3.0L and intended to install these (along with the countless other parts I installed while owning it). However, I was side swiped and the collision ended up totaling the car out. I have dug these parts up after a few months and I no longer need them!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those curious, the control arm part numbers check out to 2-bolt style control arms. thought someone might want to know.

good luck with your sale, Dustin!
I appreciate you conducting research and offering the insight. Is this style standard? Better/worse? Or is it simply a compatibility aspect? My depth of knowledge on this generally halts at part names. Asking so I may ensure the price reflects the parts. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
No problem at all! our cars came with two different styles of control arms. some, like yours, that we call '2-bolt' arms, because they use two bolts to mount to the subframe. some cars came with a '4-bolt' style. there seems to be no rhyme or reason - it's not a date thing, or an option thing. it just looks like whatever supplier had last delivered, that's what they used on the factory line. weird, but not a big deal - you just have to be sure to get the right ones for your particular car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem at all! our cars came with two different styles of control arms. some, like yours, that we call '2-bolt' arms, because they use two bolts to mount to the subframe. some cars came with a '4-bolt' style. there seems to be no rhyme or reason - it's not a date thing, or an option thing. it just looks like whatever supplier had last delivered, that's what they used on the factory line. weird, but not a big deal - you just have to be sure to get the right ones for your particular car.
Ahhhha! I was worried I got the wrong part way back! Wild that made its way into production, but I’m certain that could be said about a plethora of mechanical implementations. Thank you again for your assistance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts