New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I rekon you got electrical gremlins going on and not forgotten key. But its prob not worth T/Sing

Reactions: mmc757

·
Registered
866 Posts
Bafx Bluetooth obd2 reader and forscan for pc with an extended license will allow you to program your own keys.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I rekon you got electrical gremlins going on and not forgotten key. But its prob not worth T/Sing
Exactly, since I'm already most likely going to part it out it's not worth figuring out since I didn't get any bites at what I felt was a fair cost given the torsen, stangkillers, and shocks/springs alone.

All I know is that I put the key in, turn it to on and the PATS light starts blinking furiously.

And I've had it forget keyfobs before, I just assume it can forget keys too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, the time has come, I've just got too many cars, not enough time to drive them all, so they sit for months and rot away.

Located in Auburn Hills MI

The 2000 Spruce green is just to the point where driving it is annoying, not fun. After putting a whole bunch of work into it two years ago, I got it back together and the speedo didn't work, I'm betting that I internally broke a wire in the harness.

So, I'm going to try to sell it whole before I just pull it into the garage and rip it apart.

It has:

Around 135k miles on the frame.
A lot of rust, just barely on the "still safe to drive on the highway." territory, you could fix it, but this is more for parts than a driveable car.
Torsen differential.
Fidanza Flywheel with CSVT Clutch
Stangkiller LCA's
H&R springs
Koni Sport yellow adjustable struts
Mazda MPV based semi-full 3.0L swap. It's a full 3.0 from the heads down, with a Nautilus adapter LIM, and a SVT UIM. Powder coated Valve Covers, Timing Cover, Oil pan. POR15 block. Pretty sure I cross threaded the AC compressor bolts when I had it out last, so that's a thing...
Stainless steel Borla dual exit exhaust
Infinity Reference Speakers
Passenger side Auto down window
01+ door cards and interior rear quarter panels.
Jaged RSTB
Euro FSVT wheels with BS Potenza RE71R tires with mostly full tread depth, haven't put a guage on them, but I can't have more than 3 or 4 thousand miles on them.
Comes with a brand new cheapo chinese 99-00 bumper cover that Jaged gave me a while back!

So yeah, there's probably more mods that I'm forgetting, but none really worth mentioning I don't think.

Looking for $1000 $900, if you want it let me know, if it doesn't sell before, eh probably around October 15th lets say, it's getting pulled pushed into the garage and ripped apart for spare parts for the 01.

Will add pictures eventually? tonight.
Hey hit me up with some pictures I’m interested

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is rough for me to post. Wash your car folks!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That is an unusual amount of rust inside the engine bay...Did you give it a saltwater washdown? Bury it in the snow with the hood open? Use it for plowing? Race it on the salt flats and forget to clean up afterwards?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
$900 is a good value. Its a good thing I don't have anywhere to put it.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks like Ralycat is going to take it.

Jason, talk to Zach about maybe having the stangkillers on the car used as a pattern, and about my rear LCA's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
@StuartGrant I should have a truck/trailer/time-off ~23-24th if that works for you. Can probably move it sooner just need to sort out somewhere to park it until I can get it to Ohio. Already have a nice parking spot picked out at my brother's shop if I can't swing the time off to do the work now. Still trying to figure out registration logistics since I can't get into the office until Feb apparently...

@jaged @B3NN3TT My brother has manufactured things like those control arms before, and is willing to look into producing another batch if there is interest. His biggest worry is liability as he IS a steel fabricator by trade and doesn't carry insurance for racecar parts... I'll keep you posted on that as I know more.

@mmc757 If you're still on the hunt for rear knuckles, if these clean up alright I'll keep you posted. The other ones nearby were a mess from being literally planted in the ground...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was told a proper schematic may exist for those as well. If so that could also be a possibility?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
@mmc757 If you're still on the hunt for rear knuckles, if these clean up alright I'll keep you posted. The other ones nearby were a mess from being literally planted in the ground...
Yes, I am, thanks for thinking of me.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I was told a proper schematic may exist for those as well. If so that could also be a possibility?
Didnt Stuart have those digitally drawn up?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I have three rear control arms sitting at home that are easy access...Maybe I'll measure it out if I remember.
I really thought Stuart had already done it a long time ago though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've seen one of them. Pretty hefty. Stuart mentioned having the plans still. I have 4 stock ones within 10' of me at the moment, and no contest lol

21 - 40 of 47 Posts