New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I may obtain the complete drivers side spindle and or hum including the bearing because it would be so much easier to replace than having to take it apart then go to a machine shop to have the bearings pressed in. I've done it once before and would like to bypass that chore if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
I used to always grab them from the junkyard from a Contour or Mystique. My yard charged like $26 each. They don’t last as long but it was easy to do.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have the tools to do the job so I swap bearings they are cheap for good quality (new) bearings from rock auto. Also sometimes you can score a steal on nos eom bearings on eBay.

I use the item below go press the new bearing in.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the tools to do the job so I swap bearings they are cheap for good quality (new) bearings from rock auto. Also sometimes you can score a steal on nos eom bearings on eBay.

I use the item below go press the new bearing in.

Did you have a press to properly utilize the tool? Thanks so much

·
Registered
866 Posts
Did you have a press to properly utilize the tool? Thanks so much
It doesn't require a press. It uses a large bolt to press the bearing in an out.

But I also have a press.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
A forcing screw driven press really does require an impact though, just FYI, even a long wrench with a cheater bar just won't cut it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts