New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Roush/ST200 setup and I noticed this weekend that the washer you see under the hood that the strut bolts thru is raised up off the sheet metal of the strut cavity. I'm pretty sure this means the upper rubber strut mount is going bad and the rubber on it is crushing down allowing the strut to sit further up in the cavity therefore there being a gap between the washer and the strut cavity. (make sense?)
Anyone else see this before and for everone else consider this an FYI and check yours.
I have about 30,000 on the springs and 15,000 on the struts with 70,000 miles on the car.
I ordered both a new mount and a new bearing for both sides from Ford parts online for $75.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I ordered both a new mount and a new bearing for both sides from Ford parts online for $75.
You shouldn't have ordered the stock mounts again... the adjustable front camber/caster mounts from either customcougars.com or batinc.net also replace the entire front mount and have an obvious added bonus. They are $75 each or $150 for both.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but it's the daily driver for the wife and I wouldn't really be interested in having that adjustability.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't picture any damage that would happen but then again I wouldn't go very long on them. Maybe some funny tire wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts