New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was painting the interior of my 99 cougar yesterday and i got almost all of it done with the expextion of the front door speaker covers, the back ones came out no problem but the fronts are being not nice to me i pried and pried but no luck and it was startingto crack and scuff the surface of my doors does anyone know how to remove these or take them off thanx guys josh :beer:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, those don't pop off. They are plastic welded to the door panel. Remove the whole panel and drill out the plastic spot welds on the back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey that would be a damn good reason why we couldn;t get them off thanx man

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
how do you get them back on if you drill them out? Can't you just tape them off?

Mike

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
ye i was just about to post on how to do that lol, i was looking at my door pannels while the audio shop was puttin in my new koves in the front doors.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Thats pretty funny......I put mine back on with sealent.....I need to redo them though :sad;

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I used screws to hold mine in. I used small ones that fit into the hole I drilled to break the plastic welds.

·
Registered
82 Posts
when i installed my Kenwoods in the front i had to remove the whole door pannel to get to the factory speakers. Those pannels being pop-offs like the rears are a big misconception :banghead:
Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.