New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much work is it to replace the front passenger control arm.. and is it possible to do it yourself?

G

·
i had to replace my lower control arm but it was the driver side, it took bout an hour, and was a ***** because there are two bolts that have to come off on the side opposite of the connection to the wheel side and one of the bolts was directly under the transmission, so i had to unbolt a few bolts from the frame and jack up the tranny to get the one bolt out, but the passenger side looks alot easier and would be quicker to do depending on the tools. is it the lower control arm? and how many bolt connectin is it, 2 or 4? let me know how it goes, i suggest if u know someone that is a mechanic, to let him help u, good luck

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, lower control arm.. and 2 bolts (I haven't actually looked at it closely.. its dark right now.. but its a 99.. and from everything I have read/seen.. two bolts)

G

·
yeah man because it is the passenger side, it should be like half hour job, u have to disconnect like 4 or 5 bolta and thats it, try to get it up on a hoist to make it alot eiser. goodluck man

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
FYI once you get that bolt out of the arm under the transmission cut the end down a little bit and insert it from the bottom so next time it comes right out without having to jack the transmission up. You need to cut it so it doesn't hit the transmission when it's inserted upside down.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,934 Posts
Looks like the "Old Forums" are currently down.
The old forums have been offline ever since the site was upgraded a couple of months ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.