New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can get some paintable headlight and taillight covers for my 99 cougar? also i was wondering how they go on. i would appreicate it if someone could help me out. thanks Josh

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
www.summitracing.com has them as well. to install them you use 3M double sided tape that you can get at like home depot. they just go over the tail lights.
im assuming the headlight covers are the same thing

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Actually they install using the SUPPLIED double stick tape. Both my headlight and tailight covers already had the tape installed on the backsides...I just peeled off the backing and stuck 'em on!
Charles

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
just a little tip....when you put the tail light covers on, you may wanna put electrical tape around the outside of the light to prevent light from leaking out....

·
Registered
429 Posts
To add to the last post...should the taillights be on or off the car when putting on tape...and should the taillights be on or off the car when putting on the covers. I'm afraid if I do it off the car...I'll have some problems fitting them back in when the covers are on. Any help??

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Originally posted by: 99Cat
To add to the last post...should the taillights be on or off the car when putting on tape...and should the taillights be on or off the car when putting on the covers. I'm afraid if I do it off the car...I'll have some problems fitting them back in when the covers are on. Any help??
you can do it either way, but i would recommend putting them on with the taillights on the car to make sure you line them up with the hatch properly....oh and the 3M tape is already on the covers, you just peal the other side of the tape off and slap the covers on the lights...very simple but again make sure they're lined up correctly b/c if you set them on the lights wrong you're screwed...that stuff is so damn strong...good luck

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sorry...I was talking about the tape that keeps the lights from seeking out of the corners. Put I think and can sqeeze around them to put the tape on while the lights are on the car. I do see the 3M tape already on the covers. Thanks :biggrin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, i got my covers and clear side markers in 2 days ago and they have since then been painted to match the car and installed. just wanted to say thanks for all the info from everyone, this site is a big help and i really appreciate everyone's willingness to help someone they don't even know! hope to have some pictures of the car with the installs soon. thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.