New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
11,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend got his new exhaust put on his mustang today and wanted to see if there was a performance increase other than what he could "feel". So I offered to race him.

Mustang-
2000 V6 (not sure of the liter, maybe 3.0?)
MTX
Dual exhaust

Cougar-
2000 V6
ATX
Dual exhaust
KKM intake

First run I held it at 2000rpm's with OD off and beat him by 1/2 a car length and still pulling away on him. I could tell he misshifted outta first. Second run I beat him by 1, maybe 1 1/2 car lengths and was definetly pulling away on him. Anywhoo, I don't think it really counts since he's only had the thing for 3 months and it's his first MTX, he also said it was his first time racing it and he's not used to shifting for that. But it gave me something to post about.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I out ran a GT one day while turning left. She had me in first gear and when she hit second (boy did that rear end sit down) I started to gain on her (I was behind her at the light while turning). I was about to get side-by-side when she slowed down. Go figure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.