New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont remember the specs on this one, but it was loud, mean, and ready to kick your ass-
And I dont remember posting this, so if I already did...oh well.
My photoshop programs are having some problems finding the file resize script or whatever...so bear with the picture quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have never seen that before. about the only thing left of the actual cougar is the body.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
verrrrry cool.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also when I last seen the car I asked the guy about track times and all that, he said it was slow and will improve with the next engine upgrade to a bigger block. And the interior is completely stock, like dash and seats. I should have a side shot somewhere. IIRC I took these pictures about 1 and half years ago. Things might of changed with this car dramatically, but I have yet to see any news on it around here. But damn if it growled with a kick of thunder out of those pipes.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
that car runs super stock in NHRA Div. 4, he's from southern texas. the interior and body are the only things left. its got a small block V8, and is rear wheel drive. its loud because there is NO exhaust, just headers. no one runs NHRA with exhaust, it just doesnt make sense to. the car really only has to run in the 9's because in super stock, you cant run faster than 10.90, otherwise you would "break out" and lose the race

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AH- finally someone has a bit of info on this car, all I got was some pictures and a whole hell of a lot of questions. There is the same car show which is held like 3 times a year where I work. Only once has it been there, it needs to show once again so I can get a lil more info.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I havent seen all those pics before, but i do remember a lengthy thread with a good bit of info on the car with a pic of the rear, to see that it was rear wheel drive. This is was many moons ago.

·
Registered
145 Posts
just so you guys know, that is not a small block, its a big block, when the ports on the head are evenly spaced like that, thats how you tell its a big block, a small block has ports that come out like this
I II I instead of
I I I I but ya, thats tight, slap a regular paint job on that and you wouldnt even be able to tell it was modified...

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: Kodiak
just so you guys know, that is not a small block, its a big block, when the ports on the head are evenly spaced like that, thats how you tell its a big block, a small block has ports that come out like this
I II I instead of
I I I I but ya, thats tight, slap a regular paint job on that and you wouldnt even be able to tell it was modified...
ok i see that now.........but man thats some tall valve covers for a bb

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: Kodiak
slap a regular paint job on that and you wouldnt even be able to tell it was modified...
I think the tires would 'worry' me :tongue:

heh but yeah! no kidding... tint the windows, paint it silver, and no one would know it from a regular cougar :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts