New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that actually gets decent reception! i'm not saying that everyone will have crystal clear reception, but i have very good reception from it. just thought i'd offer an alternative to those who want to get rid of their fishing pole antenna and still have decent reception. i can't guarantee everyone will have the results i have (due to different living areas) but i am extremely pleased at how well the product performed!!

here's the link: focustrends.com

i have spoken to Erik via email and he was very helpful. the antenna came in a most timely manner as well. the particular antenna i purchased was the "Super-Shorty Antenna - Black". when you first open the link above, it'll take you to ebay auctions that are currently being held for the products. if you click "exterior" on the top left of the page, you will see a complete listing of all the antennas offered. they will all fit the cougar , but as for reception, my knowledge of performance is limited to the super shorty black one.

happy modding!!! :biggrin:

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
I got that about 3 months ago. The reception isn't horrible. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
That's cool. i bought one at Fest and the reception sucked immediately, but then again my reception sucked even with the full length antenna. i think the previous owner had a full blown system in the car, because there's a wicked ground loop too. The only way to keep the ground loop under control is to keep the dash lights dim. No big deal, but irritating. i'll be taking care of all of that soooon enough though... ;)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
pfft, thats why you all should join the "shaved antenna" club with me :biggrin:
Pay my entrance fee :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I got one of those and I hardly noticed any difference in reception-untill I bumped it and snapped it off!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: ignernt
but then again my reception sucked even with the full length antenna.
if your receptions sucks to begin with, then this shorty antenna will not improve your reception. just an FYI :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I bought 2 of those antennas from Erik.. actually that whole FocusTrends website rocks... I've had my shorty on for about 5 months now.. looks fantastic and its not one of those damn ceramic ones that breaks off.. its 100 billet aluminum not spun aluminum.. I don't have an antenna hooked up to my head unit (Sirius is my friend) but I like the look of the shorty

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by: Crispy
I bought 2 of those antennas from Erik.. actually that whole FocusTrends website rocks... I've had my shorty on for about 5 months now.. looks fantastic and its not one of those damn ceramic ones that breaks off.. its 100 billet aluminum not spun aluminum..
that is exactly why i posted about it.. i didn't know so many people had heard about it!! i found it by looking on ebay and then going to erik's site! i was so impressed with the way it was made and how it performed, i just had to share. :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts