New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

If anyone is interested in a set of forged pistons for a 3.0L buildup, we still have 2 sets left. They are 1mm overbore and set for 8.5:1 compression (assuming the use of a 3.0L head). Original MSRP on these is $900, but we need to clear our inventory. A set can be yours for $600 shipped. Just PM me if you are interested.

These pistons come with new rings and pins as well.

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Guys, anyone wanting to do a heavily boosted 3L should jump on these. It's a great deal. I can also use them in a shortblock buildup for anyone interested.

Thanks,
Rick

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
question: not that i want theses, but how tough are the actual steel liners, and how much to get the original bores done 20 thou over

(for thoses who don't know a 1mm overbore piston = 20 thou cylinder bore)

DanG - i know you can comment on this

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
There is plenty of material to do a 1mm overbore piston in there. As far as cost goes it's not more than a few hundred at the most.

Rick

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
That's getting these pistons pretty much at cost folks!!!

If you were to use the 2.5L heads: (which IMO is Not a good idea at all as the oval port 3L heads are significantly better in every way & MUCH cheaper!!!)

Doing the minimal porting to match the 90mm bore the CR would be about 8.9:1 to 9:1

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have two sets of these pistons left.

And yes this price is actually BELOW our cost........ talk about a steal.

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant go down on the rods because they dont cost us much less than we are selling them for.

What I can do, is if you want to buy both the pistons and rods, I will give free shipping on the entire package and throw in a free set of Clevite 77 Rod Bearings. That brings your total to $1650 for everything, not bad at all.

Nikolas

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
anybody installing a pre-2001 block would want to consider installing these pistons, since the ring lands on the pre-2001 OEM pistons are prone to breakage! i would do this if i was going for a hybrid swap...

EDIT: DanG says this is an excellent price! He paid $900 for his pistons, IIRC. That's 50% more...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Originally posted by: Draxas
I cant go down on the rods because they dont cost us much less than we are selling them for.

What I can do, is if you want to buy both the pistons and rods, I will give free shipping on the entire package and throw in a free set of Clevite 77 Rod Bearings. That brings your total to $1650 for everything, not bad at all.

Nikolas
WOW!!!
$1650 for pistons, rods and bearings?!?!?!?

i will get back to you on this

G

·
Whats the weight of the combined reciprocating assembly (rods+pistons+bearing) vrs stock?
How much of the weight reduction is related to the piston?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Travis,

That is a very good piston. I dont have any of the rods in stock, only the pistons. I can tell you the weight of the piston and then we can go by the weight that Pauter has on their website for the weight of the rods. That should give you a good idea. I have no idea what the stock rods and pistons weigh.

Nikolas

G

·
Im designing some intake manifolds and selling them out over the next month for the zetec. Ill drop you an email when i accrue the cash. No reason going through the hassle until im spot on to buy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts