New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info here
Pictures here!
Shelby Cobra concept has a 605-horsepower, all-aluminum V-10 engine mounted at the front of an advanced Ford GT-based aluminum chassis.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i watched the making of this on rides...........amazing machine i tell ya:bowdown:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was just talking with a workmate of mine on this very topic this morning...

While it's a nicely refined and modern version of the original, given a choice I think I would still rather own the original or even one of the kit versions that are offered where you have to put it together yourself.

More than any other car in existence, the Shelby Cobra is about the driving experience itself. (Can anyone think of another?)

Adding fuel injection, DIS, drive by wire, high tech suspensions, CATALYTIC CONVERTERS!!!, etc. takes so much away from the experience that there's a chance they will miss the mark. GT40 is about high tech so the current rendition works, but the Shelby needs to be the complete opposite in order to stay true to form.

Anyone else notice how Chrysler has been sissy-fying the Viper over the past few years... It used to be that you could burn yourself on the side exhausts when you stepped out of the thing if you weren't careful! That's what it's all about IMHO! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Hahaha i like how they have some dude in the background grinding metal for no reason, like its meant to look like the car was sculpted out of one big piece of metal by said dude?

edit: forgot to add HOLY ****!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I saw it on Rides too. The exhaust note of that car is insane. It doesn't sound anything like the V10 in the Viper. When the guy was doing burnouts in the Mustang with the prototype V10 all I could do was drool and envy him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts