New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Can somone from Toronto NECO zip up an image of the CD (or it's contents), and let me download it from them via MSN or something? Alternatively, I work in Oakville, and live and downtown. Maybe I could swing by and pickup a copy from someone? That would help me out with some fixes I have to do to this thing.

Thanks to whoever can help.

Massiv.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hamill,

Let's work together then. Whoever gets it, get the other guy a copy. To me, zipping and transferring the CD sounds like the easiest way, although I'd certainly stop by somewhere and get.

Massiv.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i have the cd, not sure how big it is...when i get home i'll take a peek and figure out a way to get it to you guys...

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Well, Mike since I'll be seeing you to give you the "stuff" I can steal one copy off you then :):) maybe....please :):)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 2002 Ford Technical Service Manual CD, is this the one you guys are talking about?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you guys use bittorrent (file sharing program) ,
whoever has a copy can create the torrent and then
everyone who wants it can grab it.
I'll even create the torrent if you guys want to send me the image.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok... I will setup an FTP server, and make it available. If someone can upload the image, either as an ISO CD image (to burn), a NERO image, or a ZIP (not sure if copy protection will require a raw read to an image... probably not), I will post the IP here, and then everyone on this thread can pull it down. I'll leave it up for a few days so everyone can grab it. IP coming momentarily.

Massiv.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by: paolo
I have the 2002 Ford Technical Service Manual CD, is this the one you guys are talking about?
I think that's it. Not sure. But can you upload that too?

Thanks,

Massiv.

Here's the Login Info:
IP: 63.139.224.220
ID: NECO
PW: NECO

Case sensitive btw...

Thanks,

Massiv.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I'm uploading a zip file of the Tech CD as we speak. Simply unzip it into a directory and burn it on a CD then install it from there.

end of line...

EDIT:

It won't upload there properly Check you server setup. I went to your upload directory and when I send it, the file starts transfering but stops at 0 bytes so the title comes up but that's it. I've tried a few times to overwrite it again but it's no go. I believe you didn't set the permissions to full for the upload directory.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting... did a test earlier, and the files uploaded fine from someone else. I deleted that, and will recheck the permissions.

Massiv.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm... yeah, it may not be able to resume. You can always rename and retry. There's 60GB free. Not sure why it's conking out. If it doesn't go in one more try, I'll install a different FTP server with upload resume capabilities... Or perhaps someone else with the CD can give it a shot.

Thanks,

Massiv.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excel....

I upgraded the FTP server (dunno why the dude's site was showing 1.7 as the version to download (from 98) when the latest version is from 03!). Anyway, I tested the resume feature manually using DOS console's built-in FTP. On the server, the command is "APPEND" and it'll walk you through it. Most advanced FTP clients will do this automatically. If you can, go ahead and give it another shot. Thanks!!

Massiv.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most of my time im @ work and I cant kill the network bandwidth or they'll give me [censored]. I have a burner at my workstation, so I can offer to burn some copies of this disc, give them out at the next upcoming meet? is that ok?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts