New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an interesting thing today. Walking out of my college bookstore after being sacked hard in the wallet, I set my stuff down to throw on my jacket (it's DAMN cold out there). I noticed an advertisement next to a calendar right outside of the bookstore that had been put out by Ford of some ideas for used vehicles. It featured the 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, the 2002 Lincoln LS, and to my delight, the 2002 Mercury Cougar. I thought Ford/Mercury had forgotten all about the cougar, but I guess that they realized that it would still be a desirable car in certain markets. I suppose they're still trying to squeeze every last dollar they can from the car, even if it is through used car sales.

Has anybody else seen any ads for the cougar like this?

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
sounds like a locally run ad for a dealership? but eh i still love her even if ford doesn't

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
At advanced auto they had a small advertisement up for streetglow underbodies with a white cougar on it posted in their window. I also have a page torn from a magazine of the same ad except the car is yellow (probably a photoshop of the other ad).

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I've seen the cougar on lots of products. At pep boys there's a set of floormats that has a cougar on the cardboard piece that holds the mats together. There's a cougar on one of the aftermarket fog-lights they sell. And at Strauss Auto there was a cougar on a package of headlight tint film.

Mike

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyro81
At advanced auto they had a small advertisement up for streetglow underbodies with a white cougar on it posted in their window. I also have a page torn from a magazine of the same ad except the car is yellow (probably a photoshop of the other ad).

thats morph's...florida neco ... if i'm thinkin of the same one

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
Morphs is Zinc yellow right?

I have that poster and its not white :confused:
It was white. Like i said though, they might of photoshopped the pic and changed the car color. Cause the color of the underbody lights were changed as well.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The bank I use in Florida has a 2000 Cougar interior shot for their financing ad. The car in the poster is identical to mine, so Ive been trying for about 6 months to get one of the posters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts