New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does ford make anything that is FWD, and 6-speed? I thought someone told me once that the ST200 was offered as such, but
I can't seem to find any supporting evidence on the web. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
svt focus getrag tranny is I believe

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Mondeo ST220

Focus ST170

Focus RS

SVT Focus

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
i beleive you coudl with a few brackets moves and stuff but the tranny has a low torque rating i believe that is why it isn't to useful to cougar owners maybe zetec owners could use it but not us v6 people

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Terry Haines is available for questions and discussion at FordContour.org (aka FCO).

I'd refer you to a post Terry made with some biographical information about himself at FCO but you need to become a member see it. Terry Haines was a Ford Europe engineer that was the in charge of N. American prototype program. A few years ago he started Haines Motorsport (HMS) in Rockford Michigan as a business catering to the cars he helped create. Plus he deals with Tiger, ERA and Dare/Ginetta sport cars and probably some other British sport cars that I don't know about. Anyway, an invaluable resource and an extremely helpful guy. Just the other day I had a question concerning official Ford builders' documentation on a rally car for a person in Croatia who purchased a Ka Rally Kit Car used from Portugal and needed these manuals... not only did he tell me where to get the info in a matter of minutes but also offered to make some phone calls and emails if needed.

Register and login to FCO and then go to the "Ask Terry" section. You will see a thread on the ST220 six-speed transaxles near the top. The thread with biographical and company info is titled "Ok... I'm here!!!"

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I believe these are aimed for people doing 'major' 3 litre conversions and not for the run-of-the-mill 2 1/2 litre engines. Terry stated that the 6-speed and 5-speed ST220 spec transaxles have ratios better suited for the 3 litre engines. If you are truly interested in one for the 2 1/2 litre, it wouldn't hurt to ask him about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.