New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3L Install Maestro
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a difference! Wow I figured the Jag Dealer would have to be somewhat better because they deal with whiney rich people all the time (which I am not) but the service was outstanding. They replaced the driveshaft on my X-type and took the whole dash out to get at a heater component in less than two days! That included them waiting for a driveshaft to come in the mail overnight. I called and told them to look at a vent that wasn't staying in place and the guy was like I'll fix it right away. Its like they are happy when you give them problems to work on.

It would have taken a Ford Dealership a month to find the problem and fix it (not that I would have ever brought the Jag there) and I would have had to deal with them telling me its my fault and them trying to get me to pay for it. Its like the service guys at Ford dealerships lose their own money when they fix your problems so they do as little as they can. Just my personal opinion anyway.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yea well they actually get to work on quailty cars

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
well damn. thas what u get for buyin a good car. my mom has a vovlo and its the same way when somethin goes wrong with it. theyre just like, come on in and we will have a complimentary rental for you, and have it back to you by the afternoon or next day. the service there is unreal. higher quality cars comes from higher quality people.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
i dunno... when i bought my cougar, my Ford dealership said that they'll give me free oil changes for life (of the car im assuming)
and so far, YEP, each time i go, the bill comes to around $75 bucks, and each time they dont ask for money, they just say "have a good day sir, see ya next time!" :)

heh, i can't complain about that... plus they are actually WILLING to touch a modified car... not something many dealerships do around the city.

but yeah, everytime i go, i always look at the Jag dealership next to it... a nice big glass building, all the cars are inside, polished, clean... i 'cup' my little hands over my eyes and peer inside, dreaming that one day, i will walk up to the doors, and the doorman will open them for me, and greet me with a white-glove handshake, and say "welcome to a REAL dealership sir" :biggrin: heh... its usually about this time that i'm snapped out of that dream by the window washer telling me to get lost and stop fogging up the glass.... bastard! :mad:

j/k :rofl: but thats just what i invision about going from a ford dealer to a jag one... the treatment is just way better.
of course, its not like Ferrari... where if you are INVITED to buy an Enzo... they fly you over in a private jet, give you the red carpet treatment, and even have a bottle of champange to 'toast' your new car, before finally giving you the keys, and letting you drive off. :)

·
5,273 Posts
I'm sure now that FORD owns jaguar the quality of service will degrade to nonexistent in short order
I don't know about that... I'm not about to do much defending of the L-M dealer I've dealt with, but the quality of the Jag cars went UP after Ford bought them... so I don't think they're going to screw with something Jag already did right.

Just hope that the Jag designed bits filter down to us lowly Ford owners, and not the other way 'round ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts