New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle: 03 Mustang GT w/ 13k miles. Offered $15,700 but can may be get them down to $15,000 now that's it is classfied as a lemon. The dealer bought the vehicle back in California. It somehow managed to make its way to Georgia. Please give me some opinions. Here is the history they sent me:

Dealer Site - Vehicle Details
Autotrader site of the car

Here's what the dealer sent to me:

Format:
Customer complaint
Tech comments

Mileage: 9059
Rear lic plate bulb out
Found bulb OK, found loose connection at socket.

Mileage: 9059
Customer request recommended maintenance service perform QCM
10,000 mile service
Performed as reqested

Mileage: 5025
Install interior trim panel per tech 107 inv 132032 attempted by tech 107 to reshape but deformed.
Deformed replace right front door inside upper rubber molding

Mileage: 3594
Rattling noise under vehicle when driving over high bumps
Confirmed complaint. Inspected and pinpoint squeak to rear brake calipers, found brake pad anti-rattle clips dry. Lubed clips, road test OK

Mileage: 3594 (Common for 03 Mustangs)
Squeeking noise coming from passenger side seat while driving
Confirmed and insepcted and compare 4 simliar model and found all 4 same gap between door and seat. adjust seat to eliminiate noise

Mileage: 1389
Replace right rear wheel
Client state wheel appeared pitted. Unable to identify @ purchase because bought at night Installed new wheel, stem, and balance

Mileage: 745
Client states left rear bumper has flaw in paint under clear coat. Detail cannot buff out. Send out for paint repair
Strip and refinish quarter panel and bumper

Mileage: 124
Transmission fluid leaking replace rear tailshaft seal
Inspected transmission fluid leak found rear tailshaft seal. Leaking removed driveshaft, installed new seal. Reinstalled drive shaft and refilled system

Last page:
Actual buy back agreement
Problem reported by original owner: Auto trans general noise

Repairs made:
RO# 33532 7/23/03
Removed trans mount bolt & retaped hole & reinstalled bolt

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Well after reading that...

First off this is a picky ass customer, but o well...

Fords have problems, end of story, mine has had more than that....

THE MAIN REASON I WOULD NOT BUY IT... AN AUTOMATIC GT.... FORGET ABOUT IT.... Ford should never have even made em..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I can't believe they bought the car back because of these problems... A dead light bulb and a squeek? I can't believe they even included these in their decision to buy it back! There has to be something else wrong with it. Doesn't the same exact thing have to break 3 times in order to be eligible for the lemon guarantee? If this is actually the true case... Every car I have ever owned should have been bought back! I had more problems than that on my BMX bike when I was 12.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Go for it! :thumbsup:

No major problems, and that rear transmission seal was replaced.

Take it to your local mechanic and have him/her go over it and see what they say.

Have you checked out any of the 'stang boards. Have they run into any problems?

I'm digging those old school rims. Cobra? Shelby? anyways..I like them!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ACTUALLY, this vehicle is only considered a lemon because it was a buy back. It was not involved in a lemon law case as far as I know. I'm actually a member of the StangNet forums and have read much about this. Nothing really on this report is unique from their problems. The panels and passenger seat stuff is normal. Some say go for it some say not. I'm gonna go talk to a 3rd party mechanic.

V6: ~$19,000
GT: ~$24,000-$25,000
Cobra: ~$30,000-$33,000

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
It doesn't sound like there is anything actually wrong with the car, just a series of small annoyances. I'd say go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts