New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work I drive a 2000 Toyota Sienna around. The other day, I was at a light next to a newer model V6 Stang. Niether of us instigated a race, but when the light changed, we both took off. WE WERE DEAD EVEN ALL THE WAY UP TO 80! (that's when he got caught behind traffic) I S you not! During the race, I kept looking over at them while his passenger laughed his head off! It really felt good to make that Stang boy realize his car can't even beat a minivan!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Especially if it was a mid-90's model. 150hp, 3500lbs... slow pig.

·
Registered
733 Posts
ill admit it, i dont remember what kind of minvan it was, but a couple months back, (we both knew the other was going to take off), i got beat off the line and to about 50 mph by a minivan, i do have an atx,v6 and my launch was poor, i did have some extra weight in the car, but once i got going, he was still hauling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hate to tell you this, but TRD already has a SUPERCHARGER for the Sienna! It's sad to think that Toyota makes more aftermarket performance parts for a MINIVAN than Ford can do for a SPORTS COUPE!!! Sigh... Us Americans will never learn.

BTW, it wasn't a mid-90's model, it was the newest model w/ 193 horses.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree, my parents have a 98 windstar... i would almost bet on that against my stock atx v6... almost. that thing has balls...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
A couple of years back, before the latest windstar update, I'm pretty sure it had a 200hp V6 0-60 MPH came in 6.8 seconds faster than a MTX Cougar. It would suck to get beaten by a mom in a dumb ass minivan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, the new sienna has 210-hp, 220 lb.-ft, 3.0-liter 24-valve DOHC V6 engine with VVT-i. it's damn fast.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
<< A couple of years back, before the latest windstar update, I'm pretty sure it had a 200hp V6 0-60 MPH came in 6.8 seconds >>

um...I doubt that the Windstar could do 60mph in 6.8 seconds. maybe you mean 8.6 seconds....
(unless you're talking about the unicorn SVT Windstar :))

·
Registered
161 Posts
I guarentee you it did not. We had a 95 windstar..the thing was pretty quick..but not that quick. If i remember correctly it was a 160hp engine..the newer ones have 200hp, the second most powerful minivan on the market, the most powerful is the honda odyssey with 210. The chrysler has 170, the sienna has 180 i believe..reason for me knowing this...staring at pages on carpoint.msn.com looking for a minivan for my mom..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know why I care, but my info for the new Sienna is correct and straight from the website; 210 horses, 220 torque.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.