New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is possible to jack up the car with these skirts on if you got a flat...I found out firsthand tonight. I ran over a nail or something and my tire deflated...almost came off the rim. I was able to get that POS jack under the fender and jack up the car enough to get the wheel off and the donut on. AND if you got a box in the trunk...no problem..just push the rear seats down and slide that baby back about 4 inches and you're set. Thing that sucks is, you'll need a new tire like me :(

Mike

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
RE: for those of you with stock 16" rims, Wings West side skirts, and a flat tire...

hey man same thing happened to me, minus the sideskirts but at 3:30 AM. And yea, it was pretty fun maneuvering my gargantuan box to get to the jack and spare tire. Funny thing is, after i got the tire fixed, i could never get all that stuff to fit in the spare area evenly so now my box is on a slant!

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
RE: for those of you with stock 16" rims, Wings West side skirts, and a flat tire...

on the jack, you'll see a two marks you hafta line up in order for it to fit back into the spare tire well..

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts

is it possible slammed on ground control, tho :(

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
RE:for those of you with stock 16" rims, Wings West side skirts, and a flat tire...

with a flat on the SVT, the stock jack is the only thing that fits. I believe it -might- fit with slammed GC's, depends on if you have low side skirts. We had to drive RichieRich's cougar onto blocks to jack it up, with the stock jack.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts

That's cheating because the SVT 'tours have pop-out sections in the sideskirt to put the stock jack under it. ;)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
RE:for those of you with stock 16" rims, Wings West side skirts, and a flat tire...

I never take those out, cause the more you mess with them the greater chance they have of falling out and leaving me with gaping holes in my sides lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts