New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE - Soon

1997 Pontiac Sunfire GT. Every option except sunroof (if it was even available.) PW, PDL, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Defrost, Steering wheel radio controls, CD, 5-speed, red.

The car has 110k on the body. The 5-speed was rebuilt about 5k miles ago. The motor was just installed and had only about 65k miles on it. Runs great. Newer tires and brakes.

The car runs great. Gets good gas mileage. Body is in pretty good condition. I just need to give it a full detail before selling.

Problems: Radio display backlighting doesn't work. Intermittent function of wipers has a problem. Possibly bad O2 sensor.

Asking $3000.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
RE:FOR SALE - Soon - '97 Sunfire GT

moonroof was available for the 97's I had a mooonroof in my 96. These are great little J-Bodies, as the aftermarket world has gotten big for them as well. I use to own one, they are reliable cars. Sold the Sunfire to get the Cougar :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

Wow great price as always, Any pics?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Originally posted by: nadthomas
Wow great price as always, Any pics?

I actually do not have any pictures right now. I can probably put it in the garage and take a couple pics tonight. Otherwise, I will get some pics of it sometime this week.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
RE: FOR SALE - '97 Sunfire GT - $3000

my girlfriends looking for a new car. any idea how much it would be to fix the wipers? second of all, pics would be great and if nice enough maybe her and i will come check it out.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RE:FOR SALE - '97 Sunfire GT - $3000

Originally posted by: IH8CIVX
my girlfriends looking for a new car. any idea how much it would be to fix the wipers? second of all, pics would be great and if nice enough maybe her and i will come check it out.
Actually, the wipers shouldn't cost anything to fix. Basically, the bolt that holds the bar to the wiper motor came off. When I put it back on, I didn't get it set in the correct position, so now the intermittent setting, stops the wiper in the middle of the windshield. It will just take a little time to get it in the right position.

I will try to get some pics up this afternoon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts