New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come up with a quick way to rewire the lights so that the fogs stay on with the brights?

My lights are brighter with the fogs and low beams, than low and high beams. The ideal would actually be fogs and high beams, as that would remain legal, and to that end I am thinking about switching the wires for the fogs and low beams so that the fogs come on when I turn the low beams on and the low beams conversely work as fogs.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
just splice the + wires from the fogs into the + wires of the low beams? I don't quite understand exactly what you're asking.

Mike

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
yeah.. if you wanted to just switch around the wires for the fogs/lows
other than that, i can't think of a "quick" way to do it
however.. this is peculiar to me that your lights are brighter with the fogs and lows than lows and highs..
essentially that is saying your fogs are brighter than your brights
maybe you should check your bulbs *shrug*

G

·
I'm not sure if this is possible. Everything I've tried has either not worked, or caused problems. The only thing that I was able to get to work was putting a relay in with the foglights. But that cause the wire to literally start to melt after the lights were on for 5 minutes or so. Probably too much current running through it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My fogs are a bit brighter than my highs, but that is because I put high beam bulbs in my 02 fogs, and removed all shrouding designed to keep them from being too bright. They don't go as far, but they provide such a great spread that it is better to have them on that the highs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts