New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..I kno i dont post very much, but i have a question..If theres already a post about this or i am posting in the wrong section, i apologize...ok, my right fog light has come unbolted on both sides..and it keeps moving around..my question is, is there a way to fix this myself , or do i have to get it replaced and how much would that cost??? Its very annoying to drive wityh them on b/c the light bounces all around..lol..so again im sorry if this has already been dicussed, but i was jsut wondering what to do..thanks!!!!

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
Do you have an 99-00 or 01+ Cougar?

If it's the 99-00 style fog you either have stripped the screw or broken the tab on either the foglight or the bumper. You can easily fix it by either buying a new screw or gluing a makeshift clip for the screw to be seated in. Get some pictures of it.

If you have a newer Coug I dunno. I've never seen how the fogs are mounted.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 99....someone told me i would have to take the whole thing out and replace it, but i dont think thats right. thanks alot for your help ..im gonan try that..

·
Registered
220 Posts
i have a 99, and my screw tab broke off, so theres actually nothing really holding it in, that piece in the bumper is so tight that the light stays in there, i shoved the fog light back in, and it stays, even over the roughest bumps...i dont recommended doing this, but i thought id share that with u lol :smoke-g:

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, at least i kno im not the only one!! haha thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts