New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a xenon fog light bulb? I noticed the fog lights arent 9005 or 9006 but a little different looking...

·
Registered
369 Posts
They are H3's and available from

Custom Importz Auto Price is $22.66

If you have the 9005/6's you may also wanna get the lil lights(park lights i think)...194's it kinda looks weird with a white light... Price $10.66

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already got the 194, they are just blue led i also call them my "illegals" later on tonight i will show you guys a picture of them at night. They look real nice and they are the same bulbs i have on the sidemarkers, just witing on my blue sidemarkers should be on today or tomorrow

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2001 Cougar, the H3 dont look like the same ones i saw in my car. I think i remember the bulb saying 'SYLVANIA 9145'

·
5,280 Posts
The '01/'02 Cougars use H10 bulbs in the fogs.

<edit>
The Sylvania part number for an H10 equivalent is 9145.
</edit>

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The '01/'02 Cougars use H10 bulbs in the fogs.
That is correct. The 99-00's use H3's but the 01-02's are different. Currently there are not xenon blue/superwhite bulbs made in size H10 (and I've heard there never will be).

SOLUTION: Get a 9005 bulb (high beam), and shave the little tab off with a dremel tool. It will then fit in the foglight slot. Although I personally have not done this, several people have, and I have heard of no problems. Just make sure you don't get one of the really high wattage bulbs, cause you don't wanna fry the wires/housing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey man, you can get sick fogs for the 01 and 02 cougar, I got a 02 cougar, and I used H3 fogs, and it required a bit of an imagination to intall them, but when it came down to it, all you have to do it split the wires coming from the buld, remove the silver plate on the ends, and fuse the wires with those plastic things, I dont know what there calle,d but you stick one end of the wire in one side, then the other end in the other side, use a lighter to fuse them and BOOM, nice MAx blue fogs for yuor cougar!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts