New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i got my 99 cougar not to long ago... and i am replacing my high beams, low beams, and fog lights. well, i went to take out the fog lights only to see that both sides have stripped screws... how exactly should i go about taking these out?

thanks

manan

ps - sorry if this is in the wrong section, didnt know where to put it

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i think you are kinda SOL about the stripped screws.... you'll prolly have to break them out then figure out some kinda rig to hold them back in... or get creative somehow to take them out (cut off wheel)... WD-40 might help

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to try to get a drill bit that is the same size as the screws adn drill them.....not sure if it wil work but its worth a shot

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh man, i didnt even know this was in this section. i used a friends drill, and put a screw driver bit in it and got it out. it was kinda tough fitting it into the little space that there is, but i finally got it. the only thing that sux, is that i replaced my high beams, low beams, and my fogs, and the fogs look pretty much the same as stock. i did a double take, i thought i put the stock ones back in, but i didnt. anyway, thanks for the help...

manan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts