New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side fog light is out. Was wondering if anyone has replaced a 99-00 fog light. If so, where did you purchase and how much did it cost? I think it's fairly easy to replace, just wondering the cost and where to find a replacement bulb. Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had a couple burn out. Real easy to find a replacement and to replace. Can get replacements at pretty much any auto parts store (Napa, Trak, Autozone, etc)

There is only one screw holding the foglight on, and it's right behind the lower grill removable panel. Remove the screw and the foglight should slide out with a little wiggling. Disconnect the wiring, give the old light 1/2 a turn, replace it and put everything back together. Piece of cake

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just replaced my driver's side yesterday. Couldn't be easier. Get the bulb from any auto parts store. I got a Wagner's from Trak Auto. It's difficult to determine which bulb number to use from their catalog, though. I grabbed a Wagner H-3 bulb. Just take your old one in with you to compare.

To get the housing out, pop out the piece of the lower grill to reveal a single screw. Remove this, and slide the light housing out. Disconnect the plug by sliding the spring-loaded pin and pulling the plug. Flip the housing over and yank the soft rubber cover from the back. Flip the wire clip and pull the metal base of the bulp straight out. Unplug the 2-inch wire from the connector. Reverse to replace with the new bulb. (Don't touch the glass of the bulbs)

This is probably in the manual somewhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could not find a replacement fog light for mine anywhere. I went to every auto parts store in the area and all of the bulbs there just plug in, where as I need the little cord thing running out of the bulb. I ended up having to go to the dealer and order one for $20

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are H3 bulbs. Really easy to replace. I have to replace one at least once a month. The price will depend on the type you get. Autozone or pep boys will have some regular bulbs for like 4.99. If you want some blue or hyper white bulbs they can be up to $30 buck a pair.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies! Was able to find a replacement bulb for $3.14 at Autozone. It was very easy to install.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lemme ask you all this, whoever has replaced their passenger fog light, are your wires really really tight? cuz i couldnt really pull mine out that far... i had to stick my hand behind the housing and unhook the wire. let me tell you how much of a pain it was to put it back in. but 10 mins , black and scratched up hands later it was in. and now it blew today. not gonna be fun to replace.

oh yeah, another question, you know the little light that tells you if you have a bulb out? well like i said that one fog light is out, but that light doesnt come on, and i know that light works cuz i had a low beam light go out last week and the little light came on. just wondering

manan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The wire was tight, but I was able to pull the passenger side fog assembly out far enough to pull the wire harness off. It wasn't too much of a problem for me. As far as I know the bulb out warning light only warns if a brake light is out, but I could be wrong. It comes on every time you start your car until you depress the brake pedal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, it comes on when your headlights go out too. cuz it did for me. i guess it does it for the headlights or brakes...

manan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine was so tight and short that I needed to take it back to the dealer and have them put the car on a lift to get behind the fog light housing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do some of you drive w/ your fogs on all the time?
Just wonderin'...cuz I've had the coug for almost 2 yrs. and haven't had a fog bulb burn out on me yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.