New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a place that sells Sylvania Silverstar H3st bulbs. They say they have a max. of 68W? Is this okay? or is it going to over head. Cause all I know is that the stock fogs are 12V 55W.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Those will work just fine. It's the bulbs that run 80W+ that cause serious problems, but for most applications, the additional 13W shouldn't cause damaging excess heat.

Edit: I can't add and subtract

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay. I just got back from DisneyWorld. They have them at Performance Improvements

They said the price is going up. They were $39 each. So I spent a little more and bought PIAA's Super Plasma Bulbs. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Woooooooaaaaahhhhh..... come again!?

Thirty-nine bux EACH!? For FOGLIGHTS? Bah... forget it. I'm going to wait till crappy has them. I doubt they'll be more expensive than their $27 9005/9006 SilverStars....

Massiv.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Alright... wouldn't you know it? All this talk of foglights, and one of mine burnt out on the drive home today. Seeing as I now have an excuse to spend a limited amount of money, anyone know a good place to get a mid-grade bulb? I have Sylvania cool blue highs and lows... would like to match that look/brightness. NOT looking for bluish fake hids (the Cool Blues don't actually shine blue... or just barely blue). $39 per light is way too steep to me for foglights.

Massiv.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts