New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
24,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car got some love today.

Gave it a much-needed wash and ceramic coating last week, so it looks nice for a change. And today it finally got to be rid of its OEM brake pads at 66,000 miles. They weren't DONE, but they were pretty thin; moreso than I expected. But I guess I've probably cleaned a good quarter-inch of friction compound off the wheels, one layer of dust at a time. These semi-metallic pads are the dustiest things I've ever encountered.

So it's now sporting a set of PowerStop ceramic pads - which should - SHOULD - be cleaner. Hopefully. These bright silver wheels are total dust-magnets.

Feels good, man!

MINI is next for brakes. I scored some 07+ calipers on the cheap at Pick 'N Pull, so as soon as I can secure a big-ol' set of rotors and some aggressive pads, it's going under the wrench.

·
Administrator
24,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hatch is nice to have. I wish the roof was a little higher, or that the back window wasn't so steeply raked; we could easily fit more stuff in the old SVT Focus for that reason, even though this car is way, way larger than the SVT was.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I need to get Carrie to put racing stripes on her Fiesta...And a dual exhaust

·
Administrator
24,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tell ya - I'm not a huge fan of the stripes. The wife wanted them, so the wife got them. She wanted black stripes, but I put my foot down for white ones to at least have a little Ford GT-style heritage in there. Pretty easy install, I guess; just don't cheap out on the vinyl.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I tell ya - I'm not a huge fan of the stripes. The wife wanted them, so the wife got them. She wanted black stripes, but I put my foot down for white ones to at least have a little Ford GT-style heritage in there. Pretty easy install, I guess; just don't cheap out on the vinyl.
I'm not a fan of stripes either, looks too childish IMO. Nice ST... Red looks good! It seems like white is popular around here...lol.
FOST2.jpg FST1.jpg

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Sure is a lot of white in this thread...:ty:

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts