New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions on a 2003 zx3 focus engine. First off, will this fit? and if so, how many issues will i come across. Also can you let me know exactly what i would need for it to fit, for example: computer (from the focus i would assume?), chip (tune), different belt tensioner (read that somewhere, cant remember). Also i have an ultra UDP and an alt ovd pully with the belt and was wondering if i can still use this. Pretty much let me know any issues i would come across in order to get it running correctly.

Thanx,
Dan

· Premium Member
1993 3000GT VR4
3,751 Posts
because the focus doesnt have VCT you will have to either have the focus PCM and wiring harness OR change whatever sensors dont mate to your harness to your old sensors and get a tune. the UDP should work just fine and you should be able to reuse your alternator. if no then the pulley should still work without any issues. you might have to use your old accessory brackets but they should bolt onto the focus engine without any issues.

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thanx alot man, im really looking into doing the swap since my car has 230,000 kms on it and it needs a headgasket. I ve been quoted around $800-1000 to get it fixed, mill the head to make sure its smooth and crap and to work out a few more little things that my car is suffering from. So ive come to the decision to swap the motor and start with something that has 60 000 kms and build from there.

Thanx

· Registered
1,022 Posts
raising the dead here.. but i just bought a totaled zx3 and wondering.. since you're saying no vct, couldn't I just not plug up an adapter or sensor or somethign along those lines.. or does the cougar ecu need some feed back from whatever to do with vct.. or does this all not make any sense..?

· Registered
449 Posts
There's no VCT Solenoid on the ZX3. So, that connector for the VCT Solenoid just won't be plugged into anything. The car will run, but you will get a CEL until you reprogram the ECU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.