New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am planning on doing the Vortech S/C, with a Spec 3 stage clutch, and LSD. Now my friends and I are getting into a debate about this. They say I should not get the Fidnaza flywheel because it is to light. They say I will have to rev it to around 4k just to get going because it's so light, especially with the stage 3 clutch. I don't think it will be that drastic though. They say I should look for one around 11lbs. The Clutch Masters flywheel is 12 lbs, will I still have to rev it up a lot to get going? I would really like a flywheel b/c it will help me spool faster......but you knew that. What are your thoughts? Anything.
Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Hmm well I have no idea what they are talking about when they say you'll have to rev higher to get going. I have that flywheel and it kicks ass. The car revs soooo much faster I haven't noticed any drivability effects what so ever. Get it!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: Blackcoog
Hmm well I have no idea what they are talking about when they say you'll have to rev higher to get going. I have that flywheel and it kicks ass. The car revs soooo much faster I haven't noticed any drivability effects what so ever. Get it!
Amen.

Tell your friends they are Tool's.

I love mine, less throttle hang, and it rev's to redline like no tommorow.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well, If you want the engine to rev faster then you want to lighten everything that you can... I don't know about a supercharger spooling but I think that uf you get the engine to rev faster then it will come up on boost quicker. Also, If you have a heavier flywheel with more power you will be more prone to spinning the tires or wheel hop when you launch hard due to the enertia. No, your friends don't know what they are talking about. Get the flywheel. The only reason that the clutch would be too agressive is if the static pressure was way to high and you got an unsprung disc. Then the clutch would knock your teeth out on anything but a hard launch because it would buck and jerk. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts