New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eBay link

they show a drift kit in their "classic blue" and then show another kit made out of same material flexing, ne1 else know if this is legit? im more curious than interested, but i wouldnt mind having a more durable front bumper

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
for more info on the kit it is similar to the Aerogear kits in constrction as the fiberglass uses an epoxy based resin and has the baby blue epoxy gelcoat to finish the surface. The kit is the same looks wise as the Wayson version we offer and the car in the pic from GTP has a fiberglass drift kit on it and I remember seeing it posted on the forums awhile back.

This kit would be for the customer looking for a high quality kit in the drift style rather than the economy based Wayson kit which is still very nice finish wise just a little thin to sell at that price level.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I CALL BS...

GTP has been selling cougar kits for over a year.... they are worse than the Wayson USA Kits and they don't bend at all... they BREAK.... one of the local navy guys here got the GTP Kit before he moved here and I compared it to the Wayson Kit.... GTP's front bumper doesn't even fit

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
We purchase blue class GTP products all the time. I'll order a blue class drift for pics on monday. If it arrives and is not blue class I'll let you guys know. We are in the process of adding all the GTP parts to our site for all cars.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by: StreetConcepts
We purchase blue class GTP products all the time. I'll order a blue class drift for pics on monday. If it arrives and is not blue class I'll let you guys know. We are in the process of adding all the GTP parts to our site for all cars.
if it flexes, i might be interested in a front cuz im tired of effin up mine

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
I don't see why craig has a reason to lie considering he has both kits offered on his site...
i dont think james was calling craig a liar, i think it was more directed towards the company that manufactured the kits

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
I don't see why craig has a reason to lie considering he has both kits offered on his site...
Just because one has an item listed on their site, does not mean they have the item instock. He even admitted that he would be ordering one on Monday....

I am not here to attack Craig... I am stating I have already seen GTP... GTP used to be BIG in Canada... Anyone who attends ImportFest should be able to tell you that... Its pure Junk... GTP Thought they could use this Blue Class Technique since Aerogear made it "famous" if you will for quality fitment...

I will admit I am wrong if Craig posts images of the Kit bending and fitting 100%... But I don't forsee that at this time.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Cougar11190... I never claim it to fit 100%.... its a Wayson USA product... Just look at the installation information... it says it needs alot of work

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
...as do all fiberglass pieces... nothing ever fits 100% out of the box exept like, shift knobs... heh.

i thought that was comon sence :shrug:

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
just so yall know. that kit in the link isnt even a kit for the cougar. looks to me like that kit they show twisting is actually a kit for a civic. and u never know what they are tryin to pull.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
just so yall know. that kit in the link isnt even a kit for the cougar. looks to me like that kit they show twisting is actually a kit for a civic. and u never know what they are tryin to pull.
You think that GTP is going to take a picture of every single kit they make like that? They have hundreds of kits and we've sold alot of their celica stuff with no problems. We have a celica in the shop now molding the gtp buddy club kit.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
bicker...bicker...bicker...wats up with that?

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Originally posted by: StreetConcepts
The kit is the same looks wise as the Wayson version we offer and the car in the pic from GTP has a fiberglass drift kit on it and I remember seeing it posted on the forums awhile back.
The photo is Amber's Car... IL NECO members know her very well... She was in the navy from around Chicago I believe... Molded Tail Lights.. She purchased the Original Street Weapon Kit... Its not GTP.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts