New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what's worse than an SUV with someone who can't drive..... 2 SUVs with people who can't drive... anyhow driving home last night, one SUV kinda swerved into the other (just in front of me) but checked up real quick... anyhow the SUV in front of me got on the brakes pretty hard so I hit them harder and skidded for a good 20 feet or so.... well I flat spotted my nearly bald tires... I now have some decent vibrations at low speeds and at high speeds the steering wheel shakes (just a little)... anyhow i do need new tires but can't afford them quite yet... is there anything i can do for now - maybe do a burnout or something to help get the vibrations away without removing the rest of the rubber i have left?

G

·
You would have to get new tires, even if you do a burn out, it's still not going to be even. Same thing happened to me when I have my Tacoma. Except I skidded for about 100 feet. And talk about the smoke that I left.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah the smoke was pretty bad... about 3 secs after it happend the cabin litterally filled up with smoke, i had to roll down the windows all the way... just to see and breath properly

ok then my next question is, would it be okay if i drove like this for say another month?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no but when i got home.......

·
Registered
731 Posts
well you could always put the front tires on the rear (like rotate em) i did the same thing to a set of mine and didnt have the $ to replace em so i put em on the back no more vibration in the stering wheel give it a shot cant hurt

·
Registered
897 Posts
if your tires are low enough, be careful. i did a burnout at a NECO NE meet, and instantly had steering wheel vibration. i figured i screwed up my alignment, so i had that done. didn't help... so i figured that somehow i threw off the balance really bad. well. when i got the new rims/tires, i looked at the old ones. the steel cords had broken, and a few of the strands were even sticking out of the tires... i was real close to blowing out a tire or two on the highway and i didn't even know it.

just something for you to seriously check...

uRiDiAN

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well since i'm almost ready to buy new tires... the rears are about 1/32 (or less) from the tread wear indicator... the fronts have a little more, but are flat spotted.... hmmm..... i kinda can't really afford new tires for a month (maybe even more)... i gotta think of something...

maybe i'll start up my own donation fund

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.